Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The calm before the storm: traveling

Disclaimer: This may seem like pointless blogging but I'm trying to get used to it because the last NatGeo trip I went on my blogging work ethic was incredibly crummy.

 So we sit here in Houston, eating gummies, flipping through magazines, and figuring out how to turn off our cellular data. There are still people here that I don't know their names but I'm not going to ask them in hopes that I will just figure it out eventually. Someone told me that Iceland supposedly has famous hot dogs maybe made out of lamb or goat? Not sure, I'll find out soon enough. Our gate changed but it was also delayed a bit which turned out for the best. This was especially lucky for those of us that had Pappasitos for lunch so we were able to digest our food before it was rumbled by turbulence. The first step of our adventure is underway (actually getting on the plane)..
So we are in Boston and switching terminals is always fun. I have to say the Boston TSA is much nicer than in Texas because they let our entire group go through security with our shoes on and laptops still in our bags. Molly wanted greasy food and boy did she get it! The pepperoni stromboli here was delicious despite the fact that no one could finish them. Now here we are in our last minutes of American cell phone coverage before we board and of course I need to charge my phone. Erika, one of our tour guides, has had a bit of a chaotic experience trying to get here.. Well she's not actually here yet but I hope she makes our flight so we can meet her. In the spirit of my froomie that lives in Boston, I'm "wicked" excited to meet her!
It's about midnight in Reykjavik right now so that means we should all be asleep.... 
...whoops.



No comments:

Post a Comment