Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A 35 Hour Day: oh boy, oh joy

As we come to a close on a day filled with airplane rides, lost luggage, hot springs with white masks, linners, leftover pizzas, and fascinating people watching, I have to say.. Iceland, I approve. Though the weather is colder and the sun never goes down, I can't help but be captivated by the unimaginably cool looking people, colorful yet simple architecture, and contrasting elements everywhere I look. 

Our official day in Iceland began as we met our other leader, Peter! With both of our tour guides, we stopped at a local hotel inn for breakfast which was surprisingly good. We were told to stock up on fresh fruit as that seems to be in short supply here in Iceland. I guess that makes a little sense. Then we trucked onto the famous Blue Lagoon where we all enjoyed a really really really relaxing swim that put most of us to sleep afterward.

Speaking of sleep.. I have had none so I am going to do my best to keep the rest of this short and sweet (for my own sake).

We were able to walk around Reykjavik and finally break out our cameras. The people people people of Iceland are SO attractive, hip, and I want to be their friends. I am still dumbfounded as to how to pronounce any of this horrible language. None of it sounds at all understandable or like actual words.
(fun fact: since I am on Icelandic wifi, my computer has decided to change the language settings on the internet to Icelandic... fun right?)

So I'll go to bed and press "Birta", but before I do, here are some pictures that I took at some point in the last 35 hours. Enjoy!


This is the opera house below
 This is a metal sculpture mad to look like a viking ship above
 This is a flower in Molly's hair.
This is a purple flower I found in someone's back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment